The Corinthian Yacht Club of Marblehead, MA is proud to announce the 2013 Corinthian Classic Yacht Regatta presented by Officine Panerai (www.panerai.com), the title sponsor of the Panerai Classic Yacht Challenge Circuit that takes place in the Mediterranean, Marblehead, Nantucket and Newport. This year's Corinthian Classic (www.corinthianclassic.org) will be held August 10th & 11th.
This year's Salute - Hunt designed yachts
Featured Speaker - James "Sham" H. Hunt
- Son of C. Raymond Hunt (110, 210, Concordia Yawl , Boston Whaler , 5.5 Metre , 12 Metre)
- 5.5 Metre Gold Medalist
- Mallory Cup Champion - North American Yacht Racing Union
- Has logged more than 135,000 miles of sailing
The CCYR offers three categories of participation:
- The "Panerai fleet" is open to sailing yachts with a minimum waterline of 20', made of wood aluminum or steel, designed and built using original methods and materials and built on or before 1970.
- The "Classic GRP"- (Glass Reinforced Plastic) - is for yachts built of fiberglass or yachts that have not been modified and have been designed during the CCA era on or before 1970.
- The "Spirit of Tradition fleet" is for those yachts designed with the intent to evoke traditional clean classic lines above the water line and modern underbodies below. Also yachts that do not fall into the other classes, i.e. boats that have been modified.
Other CCYR Details & Highlights:
- The Classic Rating Formula will be the standard for all boats and we will assist anyone without a rating to easily secure a certificate
- The racing is done in "Pursuit" format - unique, safe, fun - and will be sailed with NO Spinnakers
- Long reaching legs will be emphasized and beats will be minimal (Gentlemen do not beat.)
- Reasonable entry fee includes mooring (First Come, First Serve)
- Spirited social events including this year's feature speaker, James H. Hunt
This event has been gaining in popularity and has become a "must do" on the Classic Yacht Circuit. The dinner and speaker function has been a sell-out for the past few years. This is an event you don't want to skip. Start planning now. Instructions to enter can be found on our website at www.corinthianclassic.org.
This is NOT a NOR
For more information and to register, visit our website www.corinthianclassic.org
Online Registration >