The Corinthian Classic Yacht Regatta continues to encourage and welcome Classic GRP (Classic Plastic) boats designed to the CCA rule to participate. Yes, you've got a "Classic" and this venue is P-E-R-F-E-C-T to get out and really sail her for fun and maybe a bit of glory.
Who should be here? If your yacht was built of GRP (glass re-enforced fiberglass), has a transom that is counter style, and/ or built before 1972, you should be here! Have one of these or something like it? We'd love to see you.
- Little Harbor
The 2013 Corinthian Classic Yacht Regatta presented by Officine Panerai (www.panerai.com), the title sponsor of the Panerai Classic Yacht Challenge Circuit that takes place in the Mediterranean, Marblehead, Nantucket and Newport will be held on August 10th & 11th. www.corinthianclassic.org
- The racing is done in "Pursuit" format - unique, safe, fun - and will be sailed with NO Spinnakers
- Long reaching legs will be emphasized and beats will be minimal (Gentlemen do not beat.)
- Reasonable entry fee includes mooring (First Come, First Serve)
- Unsurpassed social events including this year's feature speaker, James "Sham" Hunt
- The Classic Rating Formula will be the standard for all boats and we will assist anyone without a rating to easily secure a certificate
A good regatta happens on and off the water and you can expect that the Corinthian Yacht Club along with Panerai will put on a good show. There will be a cocktail reception during registration Friday evening; cocktails, dinner, presentations Saturday evening, and of course, more beverages and trophies after racing Sunday.
This is an event you will thoroughly enjoy. Start planning now and tell a few friends - we don't know who we've missed. The racing will be "low key" but it is an excellent opportunity to stretch your sea legs. You own a "Classic", now it's time to have some fun with her. Instructions to enter can be found on our website at www.corinthianclassic.org.
Notice of Race >
Online Registration >