The Corinthian Classic Yacht Regatta recognizes Classic GRP (Classic Plastic) yachts as the fastest growing segment in “Classic Yacht Racing” today and we encourage and support all the participation we can get. If you've got a "Classic" than this is a P-E-R-F-E-C-T venue for getting out and really sailing her for fun and maybe a bit of glory.
Who should be here? If your yacht was built of GRP (glass re-enforced fiberglass), has a transom that is counter style, and/ or built before 1972, you should be here! Have one of these or something like it? We'd love to see you.
- Little Harbor
- So many other worthy and important designs
The 2014 Corinthian Classic Yacht Regatta presented by Officine Panerai (www.panerai.com), the title sponsor of the Panerai Classic Yacht Challenge Circuit that takes place in the Mediterranean, Marblehead, Nantucket and Newport will be held on August 9th & 10th.
- The racing is done in "Pursuit" format - unique, safe, fun - and will be sailed with NO Spinnakers
- Long reaching legs will be emphasized and beats will be minimal (Gentlemen do not beat.)
- Reasonable entry fee includes mooring (First Come, First Serve)
- Unsurpassed social events including an authentic pig on the spit for our “Pig Kahuna” celebration
- The Classic Rating Formula will be the standard for all boats
A good regatta happens on and off the water and you can expect that the Corinthian Yacht Club along with Panerai will put on a good show. There will be a cocktail reception during registration Friday evening; cocktails, dinner, presentations Saturday evening, and of course, more beverages and trophies after racing Sunday.
We had 60+ boats in the CCYR in 2013 and we’re looking to be just as strong this year. It’s a lot of fun and it’s great racing. You own a "Classic", now it's time to have some fun with her. Instructions to enter can be found on our website at www.corinthianclassic.org.
For more information and to register, visit our website: www.corinthianclassic.org
Online Registration >
Notice of Race >