… than messin’ ‘bout in Classic Yachts? The Corinthian Classic Yacht Regatta presented by Officine Panerai (www.panerai.com), August 8 & 9.
Sure, sailing your yacht and having a cocktail or picnic is enchanting, but why not stretch her legs and mix with other classics for a couple of days? The Corinthian Classic Yacht Regatta provides you with that opportunity and plenty of F-U-N!
This is just as much a rendezvous of classic yachts and “characters” as it is a well-organized regatta. Beautiful? Absolutely. Fun? Without a doubt.
- This regatta is a blast! Easy to sail. Long reaching legs.NO Spinnakers.
- A GREAT venue at the Corinthian Yacht Club
- Reasonable entry fee includes FREE mooring and one heck of a Skippers Bag
- The racing is done in "Pursuit" format – much less pressure but still a decent challenge
- More prizes from Officine Panerai are up for grabs for more boats than ever before (yes, you could win a Panerai watch)
The CCYR offers three categories of participation:
- The “Panerai fleet” is open to sailing vessels with a minimum waterline of 20’, designed in or before 1967 and built using original methods and materials; wood, steel, or aluminum.
- The “Classic GRP”- (Glass Reinforced Plastic) - is for boats built of fiberglass and designed during the CCA era.
- The “Spirit of Tradition fleet” is for those yachts designed with the intent to evoke traditional clean classic lines above the water line and modern underbodies below, and built after 1967.
The Classic Rating Formula will be the standard for all boats and we will assist anyone without a rating to easily secure a certificate CRF site
The season is short. Plan on having some real fun this summer by registering to be a part of the Corinthian Classic August 8 & 9. Start planning now. Instructions to enter can be found on our website at www.corinthianclassic.org or call Timmy Dittrich 781-248-3836 or Bruce Dyson 617-285-1182 for more information.
Notice of Race >
Online Registration >