A few weeks ago, the Corinthian Classic Yacht Regatta - presented by Officine Panerai - asked for your feedback on the 2011 event. The number of responses we received is indicative of the strong interest in the event and the information you supplied will serve us well in providing the type of event you want and expect.
To that end, it only seems appropriate to share a summary of what we received. The survey found that a majority responded with the following sentiments:
- The event is reasonably priced and a strong value
- You like the "Pursuit" format
- You'd prefer not to have Windward Leeward courses
- Spinnakers should not be allowed in the event
- The respondents are split with regards to allowing square top mainsails with a penalty
- Registration is user-friendly
- The website is satisfactory
- Moorings were available with few problems
- The Dock Staff was helpful in securing moorings and getting people back and forth
- Opportunity to pre-order Box Lunches would be beneficial
- The desire for the continuation of a noted speaker on Saturday evening is validated
Again, the above is a summary of the survey results. We received many comments that the Committee is committed to exploring and executing on where appropriate, do-able, and in the best interest of all participants - now and in the future.
We hope that this communication helps to build the credibility of the CCYR as a well run event and that you will spread the word among other enthusiasts that the Corinthian Classic Yacht Regatta is a "can't miss" event. The 2012 event will be held on August 11-12. Standby for news.
The CCYR Committee