The Corinthian Yacht Club of Marblehead, MA is proud to announce the 2012 Corinthian Classic Yacht Regatta presented by Officine Panerai (www.panerai.com), the title sponsor of the Panerai Classic Yacht Challenge Circuit that takes place in the Mediterranean, Antigua, UK, Marblehead, Nantucket and Newport. This year's Corinthian Classic will be held August 11th & 12th. www.corinthianclassic.org
The CCYR offers three categories of participation:
1) The "Panerai fleet" is open to sailing vessels with a minimum waterline of 20', designed on or before 1970 and built using original methods and materials; wood, steel, or aluminum.
2) The "Classic GRP"- (Glass Reinforced Plastic) - is for boats built of fiberglass and designed during the CCA era (on or before 1970).
3) The "Spirit of Tradition fleet" is for those yachts designed with the intent to evoke traditional clean classic lines above the water line and modern underbodies below, and built after 1970.
A full set of Panerai Series and CCYR regatta rules will appear on the website shortly.
- The Classic Rating Formula will be the standard for all boats and we will assist anyone without a rating to easily secure a certificate
- The racing is done in "Pursuit" format - unique, safe, fun - and will be sailed with NO Spinnakers
- Long reaching legs will be emphasized and beats will be minimal (Gentlemen do not beat.)
- Reasonable entry fee includes mooring (First Come, First Serve)
- Unsurpassed social events including this year's feature speaker, Halsey Herreshoff
This is an event you don't want to skip. Start planning now and tell a few friends - we don't know who we've missed. The racing will be "low key" but it is an excellent opportunity to stretch your sea legs, put your beautiful boat on display, and mingle with those who share your passion. Instructions to enter can be found on our website at www.corinthianclassic.org.
Notice of Race >
Online Registration >