Many would argue that the Concordia Yawl is one of the most beautiful forms of sailing yachts ever designed. But pretty isn't the only attribute. The purposeful design rooted in function has resulted in many racing fetes in history and in modern day as well. When form and function are combined, you have fun.
The Corinthian Classic Yacht Regatta - presented by Officine Panerai (www.panerai.com) - the title sponsor of the Panerai Classic Yacht Challenge Circuit, is a terrific venue for the Concordia Yawl. This year's Corinthian Classic will be held August 11th & 12th. www.corinthianclassic.org
Last year "Skye", built in 1956, was the lone representative of the Concordia Yawls. One just isn't enough, so here's why you should enter this year's event:
- The racing is done in "Pursuit" format - unique, safe, fun - and will be sailed with NO Spinnakers
- Long reaching legs will be emphasized and beats will be minimal (Gentlemen do not beat.)
- Reasonable entry fee includes mooring (First Come, First Serve)
- Unsurpassed social events including this year's feature speaker, Halsey Herreshoff
- The Classic Rating Formula will be the standard for all boats and we will assist anyone without a rating to easily secure a certificate
A good regatta happens on and off the water and you can expect that the Corinthian Yacht Club along with Panerai will put on a good show. There will be a cocktail reception during registration Friday evening; cocktails, dinner, presentations and featured Honoree Halsey Herreshoff Saturday evening; and of course, more beverages and trophies after racing Sunday
This is an event you don't want to skip. Start planning now and tell a few friends - we don't know who we've missed. The racing will be "low key" but it is an excellent opportunity to stretch your sea legs, put your beautiful Concordia on display, and mingle with those who share your passion. Instructions to enter can be found on our website at www.corinthianclassic.org.
Notice of Race >
Online Registration >