… than messin’ ‘bout in Classic Yachts? The Corinthian Classic Yacht Regatta presented by Officine Panerai (www.panerai.com), August 9 & 10.
Sure, sailing your boat at maximum efficiency and a good turn of speed is good for the soul, but why not have more fun by sailing with other classics? The Corinthian Classic Yacht Regatta provides you with that opportunity and plenty of F-U-N!
This is just as much a rendezvous of classic yachts and “characters” as it is a well-organized regatta. Last year we had over 50 boats participate and we’re tweaking the “fun factor” up a bit for 2014.
- This regatta is a blast! Easy to sail. Long reaching legs. Beats will be minimal (Gentlemen do not beat). NO Spinnakers.
- The “Pig Kahuna” dinner and a rockin’ band on the porch will liven things up on Saturday night for sure
- Reasonable entry fee includes FREE mooring and one heck of a Skippers Bag
- The racing is done in "Pursuit" format – much less pressure
- More prizes from Officine Panerai are up for grabs for more boats than ever before (yes, you could win a Panerai watch)
The CCYR offers three categories of participation:
- The "Panerai fleet" is open to sailing yachts with a minimum waterline of 20', made of wood aluminum or steel, designed and built using original methods and materials and built on or before 1970.
- The "Classic GRP"- (Glass Reinforced Plastic) - is for yachts built of fiberglass or yachts that have not been modified and have been designed during the CCA era on or before 1970.
- The "Spirit of Tradition fleet" is for those yachts designed with the intent to evoke traditional clean classic lines above the water line and modern underbodies below. Also yachts that do not fall into the other classes, i.e. boats that have been modified.
The Classic Rating Formula will be the standard for all boats and we will assist anyone without a rating to easily secure a certificate CRF site
The season is short. Plan on having some real fun this summer by registering to be a part of the Corinthian Classic August 9 & 10. Start planning now. Instructions to enter can be found on our website at www.corinthianclassic.org.
Online Registration >
Notice of Race >