It's still May and it might feel like April some days but don't worry, summer is coming. Honest! So is the Corinthian Classic Yacht Regatta, August 14 & 15.
CCYR Details & Highlights:
- This regatta is a blast and easy to sail!
- The racing is done in "Pursuit" format – much less pressure at the start
- Reasonable entry fee includes free mooring for Friday and Saturday nights
- The CCYR is a part of the Classic Yacht Challenge Series
***A 2021 CRF Rating Certificate will be required for all boats. We will assist anyone without a rating to easily secure a certificate. Click to view the CRF site
The CCYR offers four categories of participation:
- Vintage: Yachts designed before January 1, 1950 and built, maintained, and restored with materials and
methods reasonably consistent with the original design
- Classic: Yachts designed on or after January 1, 1950 whose rudders are attached to the trailing edge of
the keel with at least one pivot point on the sternpost, and that are rated by CRF 2020 with Keel Type 5 or Type 6.
- Modern Classic: Yachts designed on or after January 1, 1950 and typically before January 1, 1975, whose rudders are separated from the trailing edge of the keel and that are rated by CRF 2020 as Keel Type 3 or Type 4.
- Spirit of Tradition: Yachts typically designed on or after January 1, 1975 whose rudders are separated from the trailing edge of the keel and that are rated by CRF 2020 as Keel Type 1,2,3,or 4, and whose design embodies an appreciation of classic yacht or traditional workboat shapes and aesthetics. There are no restrictions on rigging, equipment, or construction materials and methods for Spirit of Tradition (SoT) yachts.
This event has become a "must do" on the Classic Yacht Circuit. This is an event you don't want to skip. Start planning now. Instructions to enter can be found on our website at www.corinthianclassic.org.
Notice of Race >
Online Registration >